About Me

My photo
Eskuchar Corridos, Myspace 24/7 and twitter..hit me up

Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OuT oF bUsInEsS



Since this oil shortage has been going on I have noticed that many of the companies around my neighborhood have been closing down. Factories are now closing down because they don’t have enough oil to run these machines that make these factories work. People are starting to lose their job and are worried that they won’t have enough money to survive. Local stores and markets are now closing down because their products from other states are not going to be shipped here anymore now that gas is so limited nowadays. I am trying to find another resource that will substitute oil but I don’t think I will ever find it. Now I have to adapt to this new life without oil! I never thought that oil would be so important to our lives. I wish I can go back in time and save gallons and gallons of oil so that I could have had some right now. It doesn’t feel them same now that we are going through this oil crisis. People are not the same and are angry that oil is scarce. Now I could say the U.S Armed Forces are not strong and powerful anymore now that this oil shortage is going on. Their tanks, jets, guns, and all these other weapons they use all depend on oil. Now that we don’t have gas I am using my old bike to get around. I see more and more people using the bike nowadays and are leaving their cars at home. Traveling has actually become extinct now that people have no money and they don’t have anything to travel in. Two weeks I attended this protest that happened here in downtown. People were angry and are asking the government to do something about this really bad oil crisis. Riots broke out and about 6 police officers were beaten by these angry protesters, cars were flipped over and light poles were broken down. These protests have been going on for the past months and people are demanding help. Elasticity plays a role in this economic crisis because now people are going to start buying the cheapest products they can find even though they are not a good brand because they don’t have enough money to keep buying good products. This oil shortage really affected the way people buy products.

No comments:

Post a Comment